An Inconvenience Rightly Considered
The Temple of Hamal
Temple of Hamal:
The Temple of Hamal has different “orders,” .
- Order of the Dawn, or Albeggiare — a combination of warriors and evangelists. It is led by Kardinal Alphonse Orrick.
- The Inqueridore, those with a greater focus on political maneuvering, investigations, rooting out Sa’iph spies, and the like. They are also particularly focused on opposition to wizards/mages; the order of wizards, the Politi, is dominant in Sa’iph, and is heavily associated with the past and on-going enslavement of indentured servants in Sa’iph. It is led by Kardinal Corrado Rovati.
- The Storico — members can actually belong to another Order; this group focuses on historical research, looking for artifacts, etc. It is led by Kardinal Wyn Youngman.
- The Birraio, those who focus on crafting potions.
- The Benessere — focus is on healers, public health, etc.
Each Order has in descending order:
- Archmaters or Archpaters
- Maters or Paters
- Fraters or Sorella
There can be any number of administrative titles, or methods of address for superiors or inferiors, depending on what appeals to you. It’s a young church, still taking shape; lack of uniformity is one of its characteristics. There is no overall head of the church akin to a Pope; each Order has its own way of making Order-wide decisions or doctrinal pronouncements. Church-wide, the top two levels come together in Conclave to make decisions (or bicker, as the case may be).